Water damage can be a severe issue for your Columbus home, especially if you leave the water sitting around for a lengthy period. You can minimize the damage and prevent further problems with the proper water damage restoration steps.
Water Damage Restoration Columbus
With years of experience dealing with water damage restoration here in Columbus, our team of experts at Restoration 1 of Columbus want to share some of our best advice on how to respond to water damage in your home:
- Turn off the water source: If you know where the water is coming from (such as a burst pipe), turn off the water supply to prevent further damage. You need to stop the water from stopping the damage from spreading.
- Safety first: Be careful of electrical hazards and turn off the power to affected areas if it’s safe. The other safer option is to wait for a professional to clear the area before attempting to do so yourself.
- Remove excess water: Use towels, mops, and a wet/dry vacuum to remove as much water as possible. Also, use fans and dehumidifiers to help speed up drying.
- Clean and disinfect: Clean and disinfect any surfaces that may have come into contact with the water, including walls, floors, and furniture.
- Assess the damage: Once the water has been removed, take a close look at the extent of the damage. Make a note of damaged or ruined items, and take photos for your insurance claim.
- Contact your insurance company: If you have insurance that covers water damage, contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They can help you determine what steps you need to take next, including hiring a water damage restoration professional.
- Hire a professional: If the damage is significant, it may be necessary to hire a professional water damage restoration company to assess the damage, remove the water, get the area dried utterly, and repair any structural problems.
Remember, acting quickly when dealing with water damage restoration is essential. The longer you wait, the more damage can occur and the more difficult and expensive it will be to repair. To save yourself from the stress of dealing with water damage restoration and trying to respond quickly and correctly, Restoration 1 of Columbus is ready to take your call. We specialize in water damage restoration of all sizes and scopes of damage. We can dispatch a team of professionals to your property to assess the damage and begin cleanup right away. We even work with insurance companies to ensure you get the most out of your coverage and can help with the claims process. We will guide you through each step of the water damage restoration process, so you know what to expect as we work to get your home back to its pre-loss condition. We take pride in our work and promise to provide fair and honest service and be able to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have throughout the entire project. Don’t delay contacting our team; they’re ready to help 24/7.